Friday, August 25, 2006

Kudos Shmudos.

In this month's issue of Zero, my editor was kind enough to publish my first piece of hate mail regarding an article I wrote for the May issue (The Drogues). It was received from a disgruntled and rather confusing reader who went on to suggest that if I want to continue my career as a rock critic, I should listen to some Ozzy Osbourne and "get a bloody clue." Yeah right, buddy. I need to broaden my horizons and experience the solo career of Black Sabbath's former, half-dead, lead singer. My musical repertiore is yet incomplete in lacking fucking Ozzy.

You're an idiot.

Furthermore, I reviewed a local punk band and compared them to The Buzzcocks...where then is the Ozzy prescription warranted from? The guy's criticism was not my being partial to the punk genre...in fact it isn't really clear what his problem was. I would thank him though if I got the chance. Bonus opportunity for my name to be published...even if it was misspelled.

P.S. The picture in the above right hand corner is supposedly of Mike Patton's hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home