Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Dressed in the dark, and you're too lame. You give walking shorts a bad name.

So annoyed that I can't find a picture of this and if anyone can, help a girl out. WTF was Heidi wearing for the runway show on this last episode of Project Runway?

Now, Heidi's personal fashion for me has always been hit or...meh. Never really a miss anywhere in there, for sure. Yet last night, Klum thought, just for schitzengiggles, that it would be awesome to dress in a tuxedo jacket, a hot pink and white almost Hawaiian print blouse and, to top it off, silver walking shorts.


Let's dissect. For one, I have been coveting a women's tuxedo jacket for a few months now, so props. It's an edgy take on a men's wear classic. Talk about edgy, a metallic walking short is taking an age-appropriate, conservative piece and giving it a little youth. Not a bad in it of itself. However, I have never been a Roxy girl and I think unless you really are a surfer, you have no business dressing like one. Surfer chic was so ten years ago anyway. So really the only thing I despise about the entire outfit was the top but my god have I never seen a more hideous combination.

Oh oh and WHAT was the deal with that little remark about Althea's oversize coat "drawing inspiration" from Irina's giant cowl? A big coat is not exactly a completely original construction anyway. Besides, one was a COAT, the other as a SWEATER. A backless sweater at that! Heidi, you're just mixing it up on purpose, aren't you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Call me cuh-razy but I trust Heidi.

Just watch Forever 21 have their knock-off of the shorts next season.

Though, I DO agree with you about Hawaiian print. "Tourist" is not a department at Saks for a reason, ya heard?

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home