Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chung channels Farley.

In my first time catching It's On With Alexa Chung, and mind you by accident after wrapping up an episode of True Life, I find myself slightly conflicted. I'll admit, with the promos for the show featuring a model-hot Brit talking music and celebs on what used to be the coolest network ever, I may have had a shred of hope that MTV was becoming hip again and not just the sad parody of hip it has been since...oh, I don't know, '94? '95?

Chung's banter is charmingly English, almost like that of Russle Brand ("Oh Oi'm Aldous Snooow. Booshit, booshit, booshit.) By the way, is he hosting the VMAs? Didn't he just host the MTV Movie Awards? Good god, people. Are we trying to get sick of him like Billie Crystal with the Oscars or what? Back to Chung. She's almost cool. She's almost even qualified to be a talk show host but the fact that one thing and one thing only came to mind while she semi-painfully interviewed Mary J. Blige is haunting me: The Chris Farley Show.

In the classic episode of SNL where Farley interviews Paul McCartney, you find the rumbly, tumbly host rambling about song lyrics and not really asking questions but rather, "Remember Beatlemania...?" Paul says, "Yeah." Farley says, "That was awesome." Chung...*sigh*...actually asked Blige what the 411 was. She also asked her if there was "no more drama." Blige actually laughed a little and flashed that look in her eyes as if to say, "This bitch is trippin'." Mary, I agree. That bitch was trippin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home