Monday, April 17, 2006

Daily Affirmation


This weekend I bought Fantomas' Suspended Animation and Dillinger Escape Plan's Miss Machine. The former is scrumptious and I hope to have every Fantomas album in the near future. Can Mike Patton do any wrong??? I seriously doubt this. The latter is an album I have heard before and was an impulse buy. This is the latest album with the new singer who I hate. The whole project sounds more like fucking Thrice than Dillinger. And I like Thrice. Therefore I don't mind the album. This doesn't change the fact that it's not Dillinger and it should be and it is still a failure of an album. But oh well.

On average, I buy two CD's every pay period. This last pay period I bought Tomahawk's Mit Gas and Mr. Bungle's self titled which I am currently addicted to. Such a monster chameleon that band is. A genre shape shifter. Usually, bands like these are too much for me. Too much sound to process and too many emotions and energies aroused so I am in constant flux and cannot find a groove. But this album is the most metal out of all Bungle albums and that melds it together. It almost constantly rocks. Not to mention that I haven't heard Mike Patton's voice so whiny and nasally since FNM's The Real Thing and I love that. It's sexy.

Mit Gas is a good but bizarre album at times. Definitely a lot more rockier than the first album but there is this one song Captain Midnight...TOTALLY DREDG it's scary. Watery fucking guitars, little, tiny techno trimmings smashing into a singy/screamy chorus. Fucking what??? I've never heard Patton conform to the pop rock song template. I still like the song though. I just think it's funny.

I signed up to interview Fat Mike for the magazine this month. But I haven't heard anything back yet so I prolly didn't get it. Not surprised. I'm an amateur and a young one at that so I'm sure they wouldn't go out of their way to give me a shot at a big interview. I also signed up to review the new Cannibal Corpse which I am positive I won't get. But oh well. I also asked for some shit I have never heard of: The Drogues and The Ditty Bops. Let's hope I get fucking something.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home