Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I'm there.


Granted, I have never been able to sit through 2001: A Space Odyssey. Fine, I never really tried that hard to in the first place. But I've always known I must and now the motivation to do so has tripled upon getting wind of Duncan Jones' Moon.

Trailer.

An astronaut (Sam Rockwell) serving a three-year mining contract on the moon is two weeks away from returning home to his wife and child. Just when he starts thinking, *fists atop hips* "Ha. Three years alone on the moon with one hand tied around my back--I rule," of course, weirdness starts to go down while the creepily calm voice of his automated hub (just guess...Kevin Spacey) suggests he is loosing his shit.

Come to think of it, I may not have to sit through 2001 after all as typing the synopsis to Moon all the more reminds me of 1998's Sphere, the ultimate depiction of mind power and coping with the unknown. Either way, I hope Moon takes us to similar places. Besides, I am now terrified of the sea, mars and space in general because of wicked awesome movies so why not throw the moon into the mix?

-Briana Hernandez


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home